Are You Registered to Vote?
If not, check our Voter Registration Page for details on how to get registered.
To determine if you are, and to verify that the registered information is correct:
- Call or stop by the La Plata County Clerk’s Office (970-382-6296).
- Check the Colorado Secretary of State Registered Voter Search. (Usually a few weeks out of date.)
Key dates are the caucus, primary, and general election. Many other dates and deadlines apply. Use the following links to keep track of the dates and events:
Find Your Polling (Voting) Place
Your voting place will be determined by your precinct number. Your precinct number is determined by your residential address. To determine your precinct number, you can use one of the following methods.
- Check our La Plata County Precinct maps. It might not be clear from the map which precinct you are in.
- Call or stop by the La Plata County Clerks office (970-382-6296).
- Check the Colorado Secretary of State Registered Voter Search.(Your La Plata County Precinct will be the last two digits of a number such as 3065934003. In this case it would be Precinct 03, or 3.)
ID Needed to Vote in Person
When you show up at the poll you will need one of the following forms of identification with you:
- Colorado Driver’s License; or
- Dept of Revenue ID Card; or
- US Passport; or
- Government Employee ID with Photo; or
- Pilots License by FAA or other authorized agency; or
- Military ID with Photo; or
- Medicare / Medicaid Card; or
- Certified Copy US Birth Certificate; or
- Certified Copy Naturalization Documents
Help Us with Elections
We always need volunteers to help with:
- Registering Voters at Special Events
- Serving as an Election Judge
- Serving as a Poll Watcher
- Phone Banking to Get Out the Vote!
“Few will have the greatness to bend history itself; but each of us can work to change a small portion of events, and in the total; of all those acts will be written the history of this generation.” ~Robert F. Kennedy